Cross-Country Schooling Days
September 23 - September 24
Every September the Tryon Riding & Hunt Club (TR&HC) and the USEA offer XC schooling at the Foothills Equestrian and Nature Center (FENCE).
Riders have the opportunity to school the water complex as well as school over other jumps on the property. Jumps available are up through Training Level.
Date: September 23 & 24, 2023
Time: 9am -3pm, last registration at 2pm.
Location: FENCE, 3811 Hunting Country Rd, Tryon NC 28782. Park across from the entrance (look for cones). Overflow at Show Grounds. No parking adjacent to the course.
Phone: (609) 330-1188
Fee: $45 for TRHC members; $50 for non-members.
Cash or Check please. Checks made out to Tryon Riding & Hunt Club
USEA and TR&HC liability releases (2) must be signed by riders and instructors — and by a parent/guardian if the competitor is a minor. Links to the forms are below. It saves time to complete and bring them with you.
- USEA Educational Activities and Schooling Shows Release
- TR&HC XC Schooling Registration & Liability Release
- Negative, legible Coggins within 1 year.
- All riding must be supervised by a coach, instructor or trainer.No more than 6 riders in a group at one time. Please group by skill level.
- Protective headgear passing or surpassing ASTM/SEI standards with harness attached that meets standards currently imposed by USEF rules is required.
- Riders are required to wear a body-protecting vest, meeting current USEF rules or a higher standard.
- An approved medical armband or similar medical notification must be worn while jumping.
- Bring water for your horses and yourself.
- Golf carts utilized by licensed, adult instructors are at TR&HC’s discretion. No other wheeled vehicles are allowed on the XC course.
- Concerned about weather/footing? Call 609-330-1188. We will also post on social media.